Tuesday 29 May 2012

Prairie Sky and Festival of Quilts . . . what a weekend!

I'm dreaming about quilts, even when I can't sleep, I'm dreaming about quilts!  I think I may have gone into Quilter Overload after this weekend . . . but what fun!

On Friday, I took a class with Joanne Middleton of Patchwork Schoolhouse - she designed, pieced and quilted this Prairie Sky Quilt - Joanne is a great teacher - really knowledgeable and fun!!    She's definitely a "precision piecer" - Here is Joanne's quilt . . . .

Prairie Sky - Joanne Middleton


Prairie Sky - close up

Prairie Sky - close up


Prairie Sky - Pieced border close up
















....  and these are some of the sample blocks made by the class.  Everyone had different fabric choices, but they all turned out fantastic. 

 I can't wait to see some of the finished products!


That was a full day - from 9 - 4 . . . . but then, up and at 'em on Saturday to the Heritage Park Festival of Quilts.  The Quilting Goddesses must have been talking  with Mother Nature - because the weather turned out to be perfect - not too hot, not too cold, sunshine and a gentle breeze - that forecast for rain just disappeared.  What more could you ask for?

Another full day . . . I couldn't possibly take pictures of all 700 (yes, 700!) quilts on display, but here's just a sampling . . .




















oh, and yes, I did spend a bit of time at the Merchant Mall  ;)

Looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Ardelle said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I host a retreat that weekend for our store's customers, so never get to go. Seeing your pictures was the next best thing....

01 09 10