Tuesday 23 October 2012

Kim's donation to the LLS . . .

Kim is one of my customers who does a lot of charity work.  I first met her when I quilted some tops for her that were being donated to a charity for orphaned children in Guatemala.   This time, Kim made a quilt for a Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) fund raiser - Team in Training.  Kim's niece is raising money for the LLS by auctioning off the quilt.  I quilted if for them with a freehand posies in the borders, and feathers and continuous curves in the interior of the top.  (Glide thread)


LLS Auction Quilt - one of my charities of choice
  
LLS Auction Quilt - close up

Kim's quilt didn't get any hang time, as again, we got hit with more winter-like weather over the past couple of days . . . today, we had a snow-fall warning -what's up with that!!!  I'm leaving for the sunny south in one month - I'm wondering if I should have made that sooner!!


October 23, 2012
 This afternoon I saw a  robin trying to eat the frozen little apples in this tree - and then I looked up and saw a beautiful formation of white swans flying over head - and you guessed it, they were headed straight SOUTH!!  I hope the poor little robin gets the idea soon!

Lots more coming from the Little House this month . . .

2 comments:

Judiquilts said...

Love the quilting on this quilt! Hello to winter for you and summer time soon downunder!

grammakim04 said...

Hi Bev,

The silent auction was last night and the quilt brought in a bid of $300. Thank you so much for doing a beautiful quilting job on this quilt.

Kim

01 09 10