Sunday 28 April 2013

The Lorax . . . a very smart creature!

But now," says the Once-ler, "now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
 
 “I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues.” 

Before Christmas, I made three very special "Lorax" quilts - for three very special boys in my life. 






Lorax quilts - 1 2 and three . . . I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees!


Backings as soft as can be . . . for those boys three!

 OK - so back to the present . . .

And it fits right into the nature/environment theme - Julie's Flannel cozy lap quilt . . . .
 
Freehand swirls . . .


Playing with designs in the centre panel . . .

Julie's Flannel - hanging out with Freeda




 
Kim gave me three quilts to finish for her - but for some reason I can only find pictures of one of them - Sorry Kim!!  I loved quilting this pretty pink and white and black floral quilt for Kim.  Freehand feathers - glide thread - it just brings the quilt top to a whole new dimension.  Kim loved it!
 
Kim's pink/black floral

Kim's Pink/black floral - close up

Freehand feathers - close up of backing
 
Janet Byl, owner of Addie\s Creative Fabrics and her staff gave me this beautiful bouquet of spring flowers to welcome me to the shop - how lucky am I???  Thanks so much Janet and all the staff at Addies - they are great!
 
 
 
and . . . my little goosey friend is still up there on the bales!
 
 


Have a great week everyone!  I'm 100% committed to Freeda now, as my work with Hospice Calgary  has come to an end - what a fantastic organization and a real amazing experience for me . . . can't say enough about the work that they do and how great it was to be part of their world for the last 18 months or so! 
 
I have a busy week coming up - and . . . did I tell you I finished piecing my Judy Neimeyer Prairie Star this weekend!!! .... and am I an expert now on Y-seams . . . NOT!  but I did the best I could. . . . Now, to find the time to get it on Freeda . . . I can't wait!

2 comments:

trisha said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Very nice layout for your blog.

01 09 10