Saturday 10 May 2014

Swoon and her sisters - Flower Girl and Round & Round . . . and bolts of batting!

Heather and Becky came to pick up their quilts this week - all Thimble Blossom patterns by Camille Roskelley. 

Heather's first quilt is the Round & Round - Orange Peel Panto; Glide Thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting



Her second quilt is another Camille Roskelley pattern - Flower Girl . . . it's just so girly!  Roses and Ribbons panto; Glide thread (coral); Hobbs 80/20 batting.    Heather did a fantastic job piecing both these quilts . . .


Flower Girl hangin' with Freeda
Becky is Heather's sister-in-law . . . she put together an awesome Swoon quilt!  I had it finished and hanging for a couple of weeks - lots, and lots of customers saw it - and loved it!  Great job, Becky!
Glide Thread; Taro panto; Hobbs 80/20 batting


Becky's Swoon

Becky's Swoon


Swoon and Flower Girl - love those big block quilts!

 
.... and speaking of Swoons - mine is almost (what's with that word - almost?) finished and ready for quilting . . . I made two strips of scrappy pinwheels for the top and bottom of the quilt using the leftovers frim the half-square triangles . . .no wasting good fabric here!  It'll be done soon . . . almost there ;)



 Batting - there are so many types!  I keep a stock of Hobbs 80/20 - both 96" and 120" as well as Hobbs Tuscany Wool - 106" - I am really happy with the way the Hobbs products quilt up as they give that little extra loft so the quilting stands out a bit more.  Last week, I ran out of Hobbs 80/20 - 120" - yikes!!  I have a king sized quilt to do - and like it was meant to be - I got an e-mail from Twisted Willow Quilting & Design Ltd.  . . . They are located in Red Deer, Alberta and sell batting by the roll to Longarmers like me!  For me, taking a trip up to Red Deer is WAY less stressful than battling the traffic in Calgary, so yesterday I did a little road trip to pick up a roll of Hobbs 80/20 - 120" and a roll of Hobbs Heirloom wool.  If you're in the area, and looking for batting at a reasonable price - contact Conny or Frank at Twisted Willow - twistedwillow@shaw.ca - I'm sure you'll be pleased with their service - I sure am!  Maybe even a group of quilters can do a shop hop and make a  day of it - there are great quilt shops in the area!

Tomorrow I move Freeda to my home studio - I'm all ready for her arrival  -  now hopefully the snow will stop so we can have an easy move.  Yes, I'm serious, it's snowing - again . . . still!   Not sure how my goose is doing - all hunkered down I imagine keeping those eggs nice and warm. 


Yes, that is snow streaking across the screen . . . until next time - cheers from the Little House.

I need a glass of wine . . . .

No comments:

01 09 10