Friday 3 October 2014

a bit of this and that . . .



Whew - September was a whirlwind month!  We had a wedding in the family, a freak September snowstorm - just before the OUTSIDE wedding, and just a lot of activity at the Little House.

Before I show you some quilting - have a look at some of the pictures I took in September -  now these pictures are in chronological order - so you can see what we've been putting up with!










..... enough said about that!

on to quilting stuff . . .

Purples and pinks must be in this month - Alice and Jean both made quilts with these colours. 
Alice's quilt is a Chevron style for her granddaughter.  Hobbs 80/20 batting; Glide thread; Fluffy Clouds panto

Alice's Chevron Quilt

Alice's quilt - flannel backing

Pillow Sham

Alice also quilted up a couple of Christmas table runners.  Alice gave me enough backing for all these projects so I could load the backing and do all these quilts with just one loading - Thanks, Alice!



Alice's friend, Jean, is fairly new to quilting.  Here's her quilt - she chose the same Fluffy Clouds panto, Glide Thread; Quilter's Dream Cotton batting.

 





Jean's quilt


Jean's quilt - flannel backing

I also put together a quilt for my son that I'd had on my list for a while.  This pattern is "Power of  Four" by Tony Jacobson.  It was featured in Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine (June 2013).  In my ongoing effort to reduce my stash of fabrics (right!!) I used some of the leftover pieces to make some blocks to piece into the backing.  Hobbs 80/20 batting, Glide thread, Bauhaus panto from Urban Elementz.

It was a perfect choice for this quilt - what do you think?

Power of Four

Power of Four - Bauhaus panto

Power of Four - backing close up Bauhaus panto


Power of Four - pieced backing


I've had this panel hanging around the Little House for a while - and I wanted to try the Animal Crackers panto on it . . . very cute!  Hobbs 80/20 batting; Glide Thread; Animal Crackers panto


Zoo time panel

Backing - Animal Crackers panto




One more picture to show you how I'm doing on my Metro Rings by Sew Kind of Wonderful . . . I have stalled, as you can see, but need to get back at it.  What I do know is the more of these blocks I do, the better they get. 

Metro Rings - half way there

 Like most quilters I know, I've got more than one project on the go . . . I've discovered "String Quilts" . . .  that's for next time!

 I think that's enough for one post - until next time - enjoy the fall weather from the Little House.

No comments:

01 09 10