One of my first finished quilts was Myrla's beautiful Joannie Morrow quilt called Wisteria Medallion. The fabric and piecing is very "busy" - so I quilted it with a simple modern panto - Bauhaus. I think it worked!
Another amazing part of this quilt was the backing - old flour sacks - the quilting shows up well in the backing - Myrla does great work and it's a pleasure to quilt for her.
I've quilted a few quilts for Karen - here's a couple more. Karen used a plush backing - I love the way the quilting stands out on the backing! Karen's first quilt was a 25 patch - Glide thread; Diamonds are Forever panto
Karen's other quilt is a bright colored chain type quilt. I pulled out the Dragonfly Pond panto - and perfect match!
I also worked on one of my own quilts - the pattern was originally called Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend - but I changed the name of this quilt to Diamonds in the Sea. I wanted to practice some cross-hatching, Stitchi in the Ditch and some ruler work. I'm really pleased with the result - especially because this one is for me!!
The above picture was taken BEFORE and Stitch in the Ditch (SID) around this diamond - and the picure below, is a similar diamond but after I've stitched in the ditch all the way around - see what a difference that makes in the finished look of the block. I've been doing a lot of SID lately and plan on doing a lot more. It's worth the extra time and effort (imho).
|Diamonds in the Sea - backing|
|Diamonds in the Sea - finished|
I've been thinking of making it again - Diamonds in the Forest, Diamonds in the Snow, Diamonds in the Fall, Diamonds in the Flower Garden . . . the possibilities are endless - and I do have fabric that would be perfect!
More coming soon, from the Little House . . .