Wednesday 25 November 2015

Urban Cabin with some "glam"



Another custom quilt from this past summer....Brenda made the Urban Cabin pattern by Atkinson designs.  Some of the fabrics had a little gold in them - so both Brenda and I thought it needed something to give it some "bling" . . . or "glam" . . .


I started with just plain circles in the "cabin" rows . . .



Then overlapped the circles . . .



Then added feathers and curved cross hatching . . . do you love it so far???



Next came the vertical sashings . . . a double swirl that kind of looks like hearts . . .




Brenda was thrilled . . . she said she didn't love the quilt til it was quilted!  Thanks, Brenda, that means a lot to me!

Here's a picture of the backing - I used Hobbs Wool Batting - I'm always happy with how the wool batting shows off the texture of the quilting . . .


I love the colors of autumn, too . . .








 So, that was a bit of September . . . more coming from the Little House!



No comments:

01 09 10