Tuesday 20 May 2014

Another sister act . . .

Two more sisters - Charlene and Cheryl - brought quilts in for me last month.  Charlene is an avid quilter - and she's helping Cheryl to become the same. 

I think this is the first (or one of the first) quilts Cheryl ever made.  I really like the beautiful autumn colors she chose!  I quilted it using Glide Thread - medium brown, and Fallling Leaves panto by Dave Hudson; Hobbs 80/20 batting.

Cheryl's Quilt


Cheryl's quilt - close up
Charlene had two quilts done.  The first one is a pattern called "Framed Coins" - Charlene used black and whites in the centres, and purples for the frames.  It took on a totally different look once it was quilted with "Classic Weave" panto.  I had to reduce the size of the panto as it's pretty big - it was perfect!  Glide Thread - Wisteria; Hobbs 80/20 batting.

Framed Coins

 
 Char's next quilt was paper-pieced using a pattern called "Ziggy Stars" - it's so colorful - I love Blues and Yellows!.  Char did a fantastic job of piecing this quilt - she wanted a simple over all pattern, so I just meandered over the whole thing.  The thread color was perfect - Glide Bright Gold; Hobbs 80/20 batting.
Charlene's Ziggy Stars



Another sister quilt - my sister!  She goes big when she makes quilts . . . actually, this quilt was finished in December as a Christmas gift for her daughter . . .  Yellow Brick Road Pattern; El Passo panto; Glide thread.

Janice's Yello Brick Road - King Size

Janice's Yellow Brick road

Next post - "Facing my Fears - Stitch in the Ditch"!

Cheers - from the Little House . . .

1 comment:

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Hey busy lady. Beautiful quilts Bev. and of course your quilting is the cherry on the cake. Nice work.

01 09 10