Wednesday 4 November 2015

Summer of 2015 - August

Yes, August! (note the date of this post is November!)


Lorna is a new customer to me . . . and she's an awesome precise piecer!  She made two quilts for twin girls that were very special to her.  They were made from the same pattern, but the backings were different . . . chosen with the personality of each of the girls - one pink, one purple!

Glide thread; Hearts and Daisies panto, Hobbs 80/20 batting . . .







 Brenda put together this Construction quilt for her grandson using a panel, and then improvising a border.  Boys just love these big machines!!!  Bauhaus Panto, Glide thread, Warm and Natural Batting 
 


Heather made this quilt for herself - it's so her!  Modern yet vintage . . .  and if I'm not mistaken, it's a Camille Roskelly pattern - Heather loves Camille Roskelley!  I used a nice simple panto - it just fit this quilt perfectly - Daisy Chain.  Glide Thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting




Becky's quilt is also modern/vintage . . . great fabric combinations!  Glide Thread; Seaside Swirls panto, Hobbs 80/20 batting.





Louise made this quilt for her friend - she calls it "Chocolate and Cherries" - I love the colors!  Glide Thread; Rosie panto; Hobbs 80/20 batting





I knew Lourene from my previous working days.  I was happy to help her out with these quilts.  The first one was made as a retirement gift for her friend, Sue.  It was just beautiful - Sue is very lucky!!

Glide thread; Taro panto; Hobbs 80/20 batting




Lourene made another quilt for a very special baby - isn't the fabric in the border the cutest?

Glide thread; Hearts and Daisies panto; Hobbs 80/20 batting



Lourene sent me a picture of the quilt - all bound and ready for cuddling!


Well, that's it for August . . . I am getting caught up on my blog posts . . . see you soon from the Little House!





No comments:

01 09 10