Thursday 21 August 2014

Two kinds of rings . . .

Sharon made this beautiful Judy Niemeyer Double Wedding Ring quilt . . . they say a picture is worth a thousand words . . . so here you go . . . a few thousand words!  Glide Thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting, continuous curves in rings; feathers in the rest . . .





Sharon's Double Wedding Ring - hangin' with Freeda


OMG - two JN's hangin' with Freeda! . . . and the sun is shining!


Sharon's Double Wedding Ring - backing


Close up - Sharon's double Wedding Ring

OK - this next picture has a bit of a mistake in it - I have fixed the mistake, BTW, but here's a before picture.  See if you can spot it . . . leave a comment - sorry, no prizes! I hope there aren't too many suggestions . . . I'm only looking for one! 

Find the oops!


  
 I've just discovered the QCR - Quick Curve Ruler - designed by Jennie from Sew Kind of Wonderful - it's just the easiest way to make curved quilts!   I'll show you my Metro Rings quilt - well, parts of it anyway.  I'm just learning - but it's going well and I should have a king-sized quilt finished and on Freeda for quilting in the next couple of weeks.  Have a look at Jennie's website for all kinds of cool patterns using the QCR! 
 
testing out placement on the design wall

all cut, and ready to sew!
 
 
It's taken a bit of time, but I'm getting pretty comfortable putting these blocks together . . . I've got 10 of 80 done . . . it'll be a while!  I'm using Moda fabrics from Autumn Woods line and Bella Solids
 

 
 
 - and then there's Metro Medallion on my to do list . . . and Urban Holidays!  Thankfully I am raiding my stash for both of those!
 
Until next time - measure twice - cut once . . . from the Little House!
 

No comments:

01 09 10