Sunday 10 July 2011

Fabric Challenge Wall Hanging


 A few months ago, I purchased some fabric as part of a Fabric Challenge for Country Creations - a quilt shop outside of Strathmore, Alberta.  The rules were simple - you could make whatever you wanted, add more fabric if you wanted, but you had to use at least half the fabric provided  for the challenge. 
Fabric for Challenge - Brown, Brown/Orange/Yellow, Red, Gold

 The colors were very Autumn like - so I decided add to the fabric from my stash and put together this wall hanging called "Falling Leaves".  I used my new Deloa Jones' Rope-a-dope ruler for the border and did a leaf-type pantograph in the Bargello section.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I'll be taking the quilt to Country Creations next week for display at their sale on July 16th . . . . there's no judging but it'll be interesting to see what other quilters did with the same fabric.
Falling Leaves wall hanging

Falling Leaves - close up


Falling Leaves - Close up of Rope Border 


I know it's a little early for fall colors, but I with the kind of weather we've been having this year, you just never know when summer will be over at the Little House!

1 comment:

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Love this quilt and your quilting is wonderful. I've had the templates for doing the rope design for a while now but have never tried them.

01 09 10