Sunday 18 March 2012

. . . a beautiful gift!

A new customer, Keltie, will be giving this quilt to her mother as a gift - what a lucky mom!!  Keltie is new to quilting, and did a fantastic job of piecing, so it was a pleasure to quilt for her.

Dusty Rose and Greens - front

Dusty Rose and Greens - close up

Dusty Rose and Greens - backing

Fil-tec Glide thread on top; Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin; Warm and Natural Batting; Fluffy Clouds panto by Willow Leaf Studio - all came together as a perfect match!

I'm getting more comfortable with the Panto-cam (aka Bobbin Cam) and it is so much easier to work from the front of the machine when doing pantos - then you can actually SEE what's going on! 


The small camera lens is attached to the back of Lenni.  When the panto roll is laid out along the table, the camera picks up the laser dot and I just follow along the lines.  For more information about bobbin cams, visit Sparrow Studioz - Matt Sparrow is the Canadian distributor.. 


Laser dot on the monitor


I have another of Keltie's quilt tops on Lenni right now, so will be sharing that one when it's done - it may be another day or so, as I'm officially exhausted - I just said good-bye to my three grandsons who were here for the past few days - ages 4,3 and 2 - now I know why people have their little ones in their 20s and 30s - this old gramma is "pooped" - wouldn't have it any other way!



2 comments:

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Nice quilt and love your choice of quilting Bev. I wonder if that pantocam comes for my machine? Hummmmm!

Borderline Quilter said...

Great job Bev, the PantoCam takes a bit of getting used to doesn't it!
My Grandkids just left after staying for Sunday dinner, it's a busy life here, calving is underway, lambing officially starts April 1st, then we have few breeding mares too but they dont foal till May....lifes always busy, I still work three days a week away from home so get a quieter time there on a Mon, Tues and Wednesday!
Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

01 09 10