Saturday 30 November 2013

Feel good quilt. . .

Celeste's mother was an avid quilter - in fact, she left many completed quilts for her children and grandchildren to enjoy.  She also left unquilted tops  - this is one of them.  Celeste wanted it quilted so she could use it - and honour her mom's great talent.

I quilted it CC (continuous curves) - throughout . . . it just looked great when it was all done.  Sometimes less is more . . . Filtec Glide Thread; Hobbs Tuscany Wool Batting .


Celeste's quilt hangin' with Freeda

Continuous Curve - close up



Celeste's Quilt (with binding added) ---- studio's looking good!
 

 
and . . . sometimes less is more . . . this quick and easy charm quilt is quilted with a simple meander - that's all it needed to look great!  Do you agree?
 


November and December are busy months at Little House . . . I'll post more pictures for you when I can . . . and then I'll be away February and March . . . aaahh - the sun and sand are calling me!  Wait til you see the "flip flop" quilt I'm doing tomorrow . . . .!

No comments:

01 09 10